Friday, January 16, 2009

Pen Pals

I have two very nice pen pals, one in Germany and one in Wisconsin and it's nice because I get to communicate with people from different countries and be more aware of my world.
Now, when trading books with my friend she lent me a book called Feeling Sorry for Celia. An english teacher tries to bridge the gap between two schools by starting up a pen pal project. Elizabeth's best friend Celia is always running away so she really needs a friend and she gets Christine a sweet girl, who doesn't mind private school girls. Elizabeth goes on a trip with her crush to rescue Celia and her crush ends up falling for Celia. Celia always needs an adventure and she always finds some way to get one. Leaving Elizabeth heartbroken and without a best friend.
She also lent me the second book in the series Year of the Secret Assignments, which is not about the same characters but is about the pen pal program once again. This time three best friends; Lydia, Emily, and Cassie write to three boys at the other school. The friendships are all put through a lot and the girls try to find out who they really are, but it is definitely a rocky road.
Both books are by Jaclyn Moriarty.
Yours Truly,
Book girl

No comments:

About Me

This is a blog, as my form of media for my Musical Links Investigation Paper which I will be submitting to International Baccalaureate.

Followers